Okim`s Studios Forum Index

Okim`s Studios

Welcome to Okim`s Forums!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just out of Curiosity

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romanov

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Just out of Curiosity Reply with quote

How do you mod games? Is it just a small change in the coding, or do you have to like, create a whole other game just to change some textures? And also, how in the world do you find time for all of this and not get paid for it? I mean I see the donate button, but I'm just a broke-ass college student. (I promise when I graduate I'll send something your way, all your mods have been outstanding!)
Okim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First - sorry for the very long reply delay. Forgot about this forum entirely...

Modding depends on how mod-friendly the game is. Such game as Sword of The Stars or Starsector are very mod friendly. This is mainly due developers being well aware of that modding longer the live of their games. Usually devs of these games release a number of utility applications to help people to tweak their game data and even create effects or models for the game.

Such games as Silent Storm or UFO Aftershock have less mod-friendly data and thus require a bit more involvement into the process. But thanks to some skilful players some powerful utilities are created to help the others to mod the games. The best example of this is UFO After+ series with the entirety of its modding utilities being made by players.

Now about the time... That`s my hobby - to be specific - a way which i use to get relaxed after a hardship of daily work and family stuff. I always enjoyed creating something, tweaking some stuff, modelling etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Okim`s Studios Forum Index -> Free Talks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: