Okim`s Studios Forum Index

Okim`s Studios

Welcome to Okim`s Forums!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Introduction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Okim`s Studios Forum Index -> UFO Aftershock ACM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okim

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hi.

ACM mod for UFO Aftershock is total convertion project that replaces most of the weapons, adds new ones and makes the game much more challenging. It is a finished project.

Here is a link to the mod`s web page.

Feel free to ask your questions, post suggestions and comments.
Neyreyan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like a good game but there are 2 things that i want to say.
1)You can get items from killing allies in mission where you work with them.So you can get the barrel grenade launcher(6 grenades) with sonic ammution and that's advanced weapon....=advanced weapons.Not to mention the 4 barrel 66mm launcher.Again...use autosave until a cyborg spawns with that.Too easy, can be done in the first hour of the game.
2)What difficulty to play on?Veteran is nice on aliens/mutants but cultits with their cyborg snipers and machine guns 50 cal destroy you.Among other things, like there are always 2x cultits than you.Veteran is hard as hell, can't be done unless doing 1) and autosave a lot.
But it's better than the original, good work, hope you fix some bugs like the ones is said.And maybe where is a stash there could be some weapons to compensate that morleman don't have them and some times the game is a stale mate where no research can be done and you can't attack cultits, cultits/wargot
Okim

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting here.

1. it`s not a bug. It`s how the game works and it`s up to player to decide if he is willing to abuse this or not.

2. normal difficulty is supposed to be slightly above the hard difficulty of the original. Mainly because of the Cultists and Wargots.

Cyborg .50 cal weapons take quite a long time to aim. I`m using a lot of running & hiding to break their aim while my far away soldiers/snipers kill them.
silentype2121

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: ap ammo Reply with quote

Hi. Im so loving your mod. I would say its borderline perfect. I just need abit of clarification... will i ever b able to make ap ammo? Shocked
Okim

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. Thanks for your kind words Улыбка

IIRC in order to get access to AP ammo you`ll need to salvage 5.56mm weapon, 9mm weapon, .45cal weapon, .50cal weapon and both 7.62mm weapons (NATO/SOVIET).

The problem might be with getting .50cal weapons and .45cal guns. The first can be found in Cultist missions. The second by invading local humans (for ups pistol, mac-10 or .45 smg) and sometimes in cultist missions with rare local human 'converts' with .45mm weapons.

I might be wrong here as i can`t recall all of the mod`s specifics right now.
silentype2121

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey tnx 4 the quick reply. So i rlly wont b able 2 manufacture these? R will the tech b unlocked if i find these weapon ammo after i initiate a mission against them?
Okim

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to salvage these guns. Once you get them - they are registered as present for the purpose of tech requirements.

You can also manufacture some of these guns (mainly 9mm, 5.56mm and 7.62N) - in this case the game should also register the guns. If not - get them in to the mission and put on the ground once everyone is dead.

All tech requirements are visible in research screen. Find an AP tech there and look what it needs.

If there is no AP ammo tech available in the research screen - than you probably didn`t research all the available weapon projects.
silentype2121

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OIC. Thanks again for the replies. And i guess u r busy but i just have 1 more question. on the "no factories" tab i see unbuildable factory and these has some advanced weapons. Sooo is it tht i really wont b able to build these factories to produce these weapons r it will b possible later on?
Okim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For advanced factory you need to research it first. And to do that - you need an advanced weapon (sonic, cyborg, some of the rare stuff like .45cal ump etc).
silentype2121

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. Noted. Tnx for the replies.
silentype2121

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i realised y i couldnt unlock AP ammo research. The game got broke wen it crashed randomly and i didnt even noticed. So i decided to restart and is going pretty sweet. Everthing is being unlocked as normal. Including AP ammo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Okim`s Studios Forum Index -> UFO Aftershock ACM All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: