Okim`s Studios Forum Index

Okim`s Studios

Welcome to Okim`s Forums!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moding help request. New armor addon, and more.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Okim`s Studios Forum Index -> UFO Aftershock ACM
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Okim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to share a link for your project? Or is it just for a home use?
silentype2121

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea i would but i think it would be pointless cuz ppl rarely play this game anymore. They all into the newer games. But this one has grown on me.
Okim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started out like you with a nothing, but an idea in my head. I was well aware of that the game is no longer popular and that there is already a new UFO Afterlife one in the series.

But i made the first couple of models and released them. Then got extra few. And then suddenly people started to populate my thread on StrategyCore increasing my interest in modding the game further.

But i agree that with the whole new Firaxis XCOM and Xenonauts games there is little hope that UFO AS is still popular...
silentype2121

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea its sad but true. but ill think about trying to post my mod and see what happens.
solkraken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okim wrote:
It was a long since i modded UFO AS. As far as i know there is another file that controls slots. The one that contains attachments to weapons.

You should look how armour is done there. I do remember doing smth with drones, but i can`t recall what i did exactly. Sorry.

Hi Bros'n'Arms Улыбка

I dusted off my favorite game and wanted to play little soldiers Подмигивает)) so, therefore I would kindly ask about an important clue - in which the file (name, location in the game directory) we can manage addons???
- in equipment.txt I found only references to files containing some incomprehensible symbols (3Dmodels-or-what?) Грустный((
Okim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: This post has 1 review(s) Reply with quote

Hi.

Depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you wish to modify or add a new addon (item) - then all the data for them is present in equipment.txt.

If you wish to add a new hardpoint to a specific gun (like a scope for Desert Eagle, for example) - you`ll have to manually edit the model itself to achieve that. In this case you need the latest MEALOV utility that can load a converted to text (with vfstools) model and manipulate the hardpoints in it.

Note that you`ll need to copy/paste a 'scope' hardpoint from any other model file to make it present in the editor. You can`t just add a new hardpoint in MEALOV editor.

P.S.: i might be spelling the editors wrong. Both can be found on strategycore.uk.com.
solkraken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx, for such a quick reply Okim Улыбка

I've already changed many things in my simple mod incl. "receptacle" section in equipment.txt for "heavy armor" SubEquipment RECORD:

Code:
      ;receptacle
      PTR 1
      Receptacle
        Recepts RECORD
          inventorypanel STR "HeavyArmour"
          ListOfReceptPoint ARRAY 3
            INT 12 ;"Helmet slot"
            INT 18 ;"Light armour slot 1"
            INT 19 ;"Light armour slot 2"
          END_OF_ListOfReceptPoint
        END_OF_Recepts

but I have not noticed ANY VISIBLE changes. any new addon/window possibility have not appeared for "heavy armor" in the saved game Грустный(( - maybe I should restart a quite new game from the beginning to check changes?

ps.
красивые спасибо за помощь Улыбка
Okim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either create a new heavy armour in the game or indeed restart it (you can give a set of heavy armour at start to check if it woks).

If it wont appear or the game will crash - than it probably lacks the helmet hardpoint on the model. In this case you`ll need to manually place it on the model.

ps: "beautiful thanks for help"... Don`t trust Google Translator Улыбка
solkraken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ops! I forgot to mention - I've already copied "heavy armor" record (CONTROL "HeavyArmour") from file teammanagementwnd_.txt incl. in "mod_x_consequence". - there are 3 sections:
CONTROL "Helmet",
CONTROL "Add-on1",
CONTROL "Add-on2"
solkraken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've restarted campaign and it works Улыбка

solkraken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okim

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks cool. Glad you`ve figured out how to do that.
solkraken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The basis for my change was "Consequence mod", from which I copied "heavy armor" models. I did not want to use all of the above mentioned modification, very extensive mod - so I started in analyzing only selected changes. I searched and compared many differences between the original script reg. "heavy armor" and the mod made by DerelictableX - it was time consuming ... but with a little logical thinking was not too difficult Подмигивает

To be an honest - the most frustrating is no possibility of rapid in-game testing. My fresh changes reg. infrastructure scripts have not appeared, eg:
- Saved earlier campaigns do not use addons introduced to the mod for "heavy armor" after re-reading.
- Once added windows in the equipment interface (for mounting addons) did not update its size after adequate number changes in script files: "teammanagementwnd_.txt" or teammanagementwnd_opt.txt. (btw. still do not know which one is used in-game)

see windows for addons 1 & 2 in "light armor" interface below:

and compare these with TOO NARROW ones in "heavy armor" screens attached in posts above Грустный

Last edited by solkraken on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
solkraken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eg. add-on1 window is wider then higher in scripts, but my game do not see it... and addons protrude beyond the windows in "heavy armor" interface Грустный

Code:
       CONTROL "Add-on1"
         PROPERTIES
           CONTROL_TYPE CONTAINER
           POSX 3
           POSY 401
           WIDTH 130
           HEIGHT 109
           MODEL

- there must be any "temp" folder for infrastructure to delete, I guess.
Okim

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you build a new set of heavy armour it should create the modified armour with all the new slots. It will be a 'different' set of armour though.

Savegame copy/pastes everything from the core files in it, so whatever it copied earlier will remain the same until the end of the game, but any new items will (at least SHOULD) appear in their modified state.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Okim`s Studios Forum Index -> UFO Aftershock ACM All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: